I am writing this blog with two days until I leave on my European Adventure; but before I leave I want to share something with everyone!
Acquiring a “winter layer” is never something any of us want however, no matter how hard we try sometimes the weight just creeps on. This blog I am going to share with you some tips that Sam and I remind each other of every winter; these tips are ways to feel slim once the cooler weather hits and you feel that “winter layer” creeping on.
- Don’t wear clothes that are too big and baggy! Just like a fish grows to the size of it’s tank we can grow to the size of our clothes. Opt for slim fitting garments that drape and skim the body. This kind of styling is more flattering for the silhouette as it creates shape aaaannnnnd you won’t overeat as you will be conscious of your outfit and how you look and feel in it.
- Be true to your colour palette. If Black does not suit your colour palette then DON’T WEAR IT, it is NOT the most slimming colour on every complexion! This season there is a HUGE variety of neutrals on offer; try Navy, Charcoal, Potters Clay, Sharkskin or Warm Taupe (more information on these colours HERE).
- Keep up a regular exercise routine – even if it is walking the dog around the block. I believe energy is kinetic. The more you move the more energy you create and when we have energy we don’t go looking for it in food.
- If you feel like your winter layer is creeping on play with accessories! Accessorising means your outfit has interest and a ‘focal point’. When you create a positive focal point it draws away from the areas you don’t want seen. Earrings, necklaces, gloves and shoes are often great accessories as they generally do not draw attention to the areas in which females usually gain weight; such as the hips, bottom and tummy. Pop into the VibrantConcepts Style Studio and see Sam – we have a great range of accessories to suit every colour palette and body shape!
- Drink water! Keeping hydrated is the number one trick to looking more youthful. When our skin is dehydrated fine lines appear (just like a grape turns into a sultana when drained of it’s juice). I love to stay hydrated in winter with herbal teas; they are a great way to stay warm, have something yummy and hydrate the body.
I hope these tips help and I look forward to seeing everyone when I arrive back in Oz. -Jordi x