Ok we kinda have a love/hate relationship with the “Sport Luxe” trend that is growing in popularity.
Because we believe exercise gear is for exercising in!
(There we said it!)
We can’t ignore the fact that the comfort of wearing “sport” styling is VERY appealing therefore, we too find ourselves liking the Sport Luxe trend but ONLY when some “style rules” are applied and the attire is appropriate to the occasion.
A few tips to wearing the Sport Luxe trend successfully and stylishly:
(Image at right by Katies)
- Wear your gym tights, exercise tights or yoga pants! Even if you do not exercise in the exact ones you are wearing, you need to wear “fashion tights” (more on that below)
- Wear ANYTHING that you would exercise in!
- Think that wearing gym gear is a way of not having to get dressed!
- Assume that because you are doing the Sport Luxe (relaxed) trend that your hair or makeup (if you wear it) can be unruly, if your hair is in need of a wash opt for a ‘messy bun’ and at least a smear of gloss on the lips!
- Wear relaxed pants (right), wet look pants, leggings, fashion tights – Seed, Witchery, Katies, Rockmans, Sportsgirl and Sussan have a great selection – these “fashion tights” often have panelling, textures and prints to give them dimension and differentiate them from your regular gym tights
- Style it up; adding a sporty cap, backpack, sporty sneaker or anorak are great “sporty accessories” to add to your look
- Try a puffer vest for another layer and warmth
- The ‘half tuck’ – tuck half of your shirt into the front or side of your pants and let the rest fall; this gives shape to the body
When IS it okay to wear gym gear out?
- If you are having coffee with a friend after a gym class
- Picking up milk or bread after the gym
- Enjoying our coastal lifestyle and having an exercise walk
- Compression tights (styled as leggings) for medical reasons when flying
(Image at right by Rockmans)
A few key Sport Luxe Looks To Try:
EVERYDAY SPORT LUXE
Katies, Cotton On Body, SEED, Sportsgirl, SEED, Ezibuy, Sportsgirl, Cotton On Body
DRESSED UP SPORT LUXE
Style Magazine, Witchery, Pinterest
Sport Luxe Accessories:
The Hat (Seed), The Backpack (Urban Originals – Available at the VC Style Studio), The Styled Sneaker (Mimco), The Puffer Vest (EziBuy), The Sports Tote (Available at the VC Style Studio), Monochrome Slip On (Wittner), The Snood & Rose Diamonds Lip Shine (VC Style Studio)
Are you a lover or not of the Sports luxe trend? Love to hear your style thoughts… S&J x